Sunday, July 8, 2018

The Aviator

   Gave this one a re-watch, it had been awhile since I've seen it and it is one of my favorite films of Leonardo DiCaprio. This movie depicts the life of Howard Hughes between the late 1920s, starting with his making of Hell's Angels, to the mid 1940s.

   Directed by Martin Scorsese, he takes us through Howard's heyday as a Hollywood filmmaker and aviation innovator while also showing us his decent into his sickness caused by OCD and germaphobia. DiCaprio does really well as Mr. Hughes showing us his driven side to prove himself and seeing flashes of fear as he realizes he is getting worse.

    I always enjoy these movies and stories about the Golden Age of Hollywood and having read a biography on Howard Hughes he is a very interesting and enigmatic person and is definitely someone who makes an interesting movie subject. I always thought this was the film Leo should have got the Oscar for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Aviator

   Gave this one a re-watch, it had been awhile since I've seen it and it is one of my favorite films of Leonardo DiCaprio. This movie...